Burger King opens its first Canadian Whopper Bar restaurant at Calgary International Airport; new location is burger chain's 27th in country to feature company's 20/20 restaurant design
April 24, 2012
– Burger King Restaurants of Canada, Inc. is excited to announce the first Canadian WHOPPER™ Bar restaurant is now open in the Calgary International Airport. The location highlights the new BK® 20/20 global restaurant design and offers guests and travellers alike an innovative, premium restaurant experience and customizable menu as part of the signature HAVE IT YOUR WAY® brand offering.
"The WHOPPER™ Bar has already been embraced in major cities around the world, so we're thrilled the concept has now arrived in Calgary," says Lucy Todish, director of marketing for Burger King Restaurants of Canada, Inc. "In keeping with our ambitious expansion plans, the new WHOPPER™ Bar is our 27th restaurant across the country showcasing our sleek 20/20 restaurant design."
The WHOPPER™ Bar boasts a specialized menu dedicated to delivering the signature BK® taste in a highly personalized way. After customers select their sandwich, expert "WHOPPER®-istas" build burgers to order from a visible toppings theater that lets guests choose from an array of more than 30 favorites, including pepper bacon, guacamole and crispy onions.
The WHOPPER™ Bar Calgary menu will also include premium items, such as:
* The ANGRY WHOPPER® sandwich, tops your favorite flame-broiled beef patty with crispy onions, spicy jalapeño peppers, pepper jack cheese, bacon and a tangy sauce
* The California WHOPPER® sandwich, topped with guacamole, crispy bacon and Swiss cheese
* The Pepper Bacon STEAKHOUSE XT® burger, smothered with pepper bacon and melted cheddar cheese
* The BK BLACK & BLEU STEAKHOUSE XT™ burger, named for the bold taste of bleu cheese and blackened Cajun sauce
"The WHOPPER™ Bar features a selection of indulgent menu items and toppings not available in traditional BK® restaurant locations," says Jeff Makeiff, Senior Director of Operations, HMSHost. "With the new airport location, we are providing guests an even greater selection of menu choices during their travels."
Canada's first WHOPPER™ Bar is located exclusively in Concourse C of the Calgary International Airport and will be open seven days a week to satisfy the WHOPPER® sandwich cravings of hungry travellers.
HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining and shopping for travel venues. HMSHost operates in more than 100 airports around the globe, including the 20 busiest airports in North America. The Company has annual sales in excess of $2.7 billion and employs more than 34,000 sales associates worldwide. HMSHost is a part of Autogrill Group, the world's leading provider of food & beverage and retail services for people on the move. With sales of over €5.8 billion in 2011, the Group operates in 35 countries and employs some 62,800 people. It manages over 5,300 stores in more than 1,200 locations worldwide. Visit www.HMSHost.com for more information and find us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hmshost) at HMSHost Making the Traveler's Day Better.
ABOUT BURGER KING CORPORATION
Founded in 1954, BURGER KING® is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, the BURGER KING® system operates in more than 12,500 locations serving more than 11 million guests daily in 81 countries and territories worldwide. Approximately 90 percent of BURGER KING® restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees, many of them family-owned operations that have been in business for decades. Burger King Corp. is privately-held by 3G Capital, a multi-billion dollar, global investment firm focused on long-term value creation. For more information on 3G Capital, please go to http://3g-capital.com. To learn more about Burger King Corp., please visit the company's website at www.bk.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/burgerking) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/burgerking).