Hiball Energy moves from 10-oz. glass bottles to Ball's cold-activated, lightweight 16-oz. aluminum cans to debut its line of reformulated sparkling energy waters, organic energy drinks
March 9, 2012
– Hiball Energy, the pioneer of Sparkling Energy Water and Organic Sparkling Energy Drinks, has teamed up with Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL), the largest beverage can company in the world, to debut its line of reformulated sparkling energy waters and organic energy drinks now packaged in cold-activated, lightweight 16-oz. aluminum cans. The cans will be featured for the first time today at the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, Calif.
"Our choice to move from 10-oz. glass bottles to 16-oz. aluminum cans is the result of consumer demand for a larger size with a more portable packaging option," said Todd Berardi, founder and president of Hiball Inc. "Hiball's customers ultimately win by getting 60 percent more volume, 30 percent lower cost per ounce and 100 percent more energy fueled by premium organic and fair trade ingredients – all packaged in lighter, more portable and 100-percent-recyclable aluminum cans."
The new can package features "cold activation" graphics using thermochromic ink by Chromatic Technologies, Inc. (CTI). When cans reach a temperature of 45 degrees F/8 C, the bubbles on the can graphics turn from white to blue — indicating that the beverage inside is at the optimal temperature for drinking.
"The aluminum can is the natural packaging solution for sparkling energy water and organic sparkling energy drinks," said Rob Miles, senior vice president, sales for Ball's metal beverage packaging division, Americas. "The durability and portability of the can combined with its 100-percent endless recyclability solidifies cans as the perfect eco-friendly container for energy drinks and waters."
Why choose cans?
* Cans from Ball Corporation are a sustainability success story as they are lightweight, contain an average of 68 percent recycled aluminum and are infinitely recyclable. Cans are the number one recycled beverage container of any kind in the United States.
* Cans are airtight and oxygen-free and cool down faster than any other beverage container resulting in a fresher, better taste.
* Cans take up less space than a bottle, allowing for more compact shipping.
* Cans are a great way to differentiate brands in displays and on the shelf, offering a 360-degree mini-billboard.
* Cans have superior portability and don't shatter.
About Ball Corporation
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 14,500 people worldwide and reported 2011 sales of more than $8.6 billion. For the latest Ball news and for other company information, please visit http://www.ball.com.
About Hiball Energy
Hiball Energy is the pioneer of energy drinks for the health-conscious consumer: premium, refreshing, sparkling energy waters and juices made with organic and fair trade ingredients. Hiball Energy products contain a proprietary organic energy blend (organic guarana (50mg), organic ginseng (50mg) and organic caffeine (160mg) per can). Hiball Energy is sold nationally at fine retailers including: Whole Foods Market, Safeway, Fred Meyer, Stop & Shop, Giant Landover, Shaw's, Giant Eagle, Sunflower Markets, Earthfare, The Fresh Market, Haggen, Bristol Farms, and Foodtown as as well as independent grocery retailers across the USA and online at amazon.com. Hiball Energy is distributed through UNFI, Kehe/Tree of Life, Haddon House, Soda Express (OR), Palo Alto Egg (Nor-Cal) and Brandbridge (Canada). Please visit us at www.hiballer.com. You can follow Hiball Energy on twitter: @hiballenergy or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/hiballenergy.
About Chromatic Technologies, Inc.
Chromatic Technologies, Inc. (CTI) is a custom, special-effects inks and coatings manufacturer. We have nearly two decades of innovation with our inks in Thermochromic (temperature sensitive), Photochromic (UV light/sunlight sensitive), Glow in the dark, Plastics (thermochromic used for promotional, novelty and safety) and Security (for anti-counterfeiting and brand protection). We are the recognized world leader in providing our patented inks to printers and brand products globally. For more information, please visit www.ctiinks.com.