Kodak introduces Endura electrophotographic printing papers to use with silver-halide printers, digital presses, features digital press printing photographic look and feel
February 21, 2011
– Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK - News), as part of its ongoing initiatives to help customers broaden their offerings and create new revenue streams, today introduced a family of KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Electrophotographic Printing (EP) Papers. These new papers utilize proprietary E-surface technology to create high-quality, photo-grade media for EP presses, offering the look, feel and surface of photographic paper. With these papers, customers can intermix media output from silver-halide printers and digital presses to expand the potential portfolio of photo offerings, as well as enhance productivity. It is yet another example of how Kodak helps customers Connect With Pro Quality. Kodak will showcase the new papers and sample output at its booth at WPPI, Feb. 21-23, 2011 in Las Vegas, NV, Booth #801.
Specific features of the KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP Paper include:
* Optimized for the following:
o KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP-D Paper: For equipment that uses Dry Ink/Toner-Based EP Technologies
o KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP-L Paper: For equipment that uses Liquid Ink/Toner-Based EP Technologies
* Premium thickness KODAK Media support for comparable look & feel of professional photographic paper
* Two-sided Lustre (E-Surface) for duplex printing
* White/non-yellowing paper base
"Our new ENDURA EP Papers continue Kodak's history of working to find new business opportunities for our professional lab, studio, central lab operations customers and print operators interested in photo-realistic quality," said Dennis Olbrich, General Manager, Film Capture, Paper and Output Systems, and Vice President, Film, Photofinishing and Entertainment Group, Eastman Kodak Company. "As more labs complement their silver halide printers with digital presses, our media enables them to offer new and differentiated products, such as greeting cards, business cards, companion wedding albums and posters, without compromising quality or productivity."
Kodak's new papers use the same professional paper base and Lustre (E-Surface) used on KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Color Negative Photographic Paper. This enables professional labs, studios, central lab operations (CLOs) and print operators interested in photo-realistic quality to intermix media output, and produce differentiated digital press products, more quickly and of higher quality, when compared to conventional EP on plain coated paper. It also allows customers to offer premium output at various price points. For example, professional labs can create wedding albums on traditional photographic paper and offer less-expensive companion books, printed on ENDURA EP Paper, for couples to give to family members.
"KODAK Media is a crucial part of our business because the ENDURA brand signifies such high quality," said Joel Zucco, President, Picture Master Color Lab, Barrington, IL. "With the new KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP Paper, we finally have a digital press paper that meets the quality level our customers expect. And, in using the new ENDURA EP Paper, we have developed and marketed a completely new portrait line of products, to which our customers have responded very favorably."
Kodak will initially offer the new KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP Papers in the most popular size, 18 x 12 in (45.7 x 30.5 cm) double-sided sheets. Kodak will continue to certify these papers on a majority of EP printing presses. KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP-L Paper is available worldwide immediately. KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP-D Paper will be available in April.
For more information on KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA EP Papers, and all new papers, visit www.kodak.com/go/professional.
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit www.kodak.com and follow our blogs and more at www.kodak.com/go/followus.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery--join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
Choose from the widest selection of KODAK Digital Cameras, All-in-One Inkjet Printers, Pocket Video Cameras and more at http://store.kodak.com.
(Kodak, Kodak Professional, and ENDURA - are trademarks of Kodak.)