RPA to co-locate its annual meeting with Pack Expo 2009 in October in Las Vegas; will also sponsor special conference track highlighting opportunities for reusable packaging in supply chain
July 23, 2009
– PMMI announces the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) will co-locate its 2009 annual meeting with PACK EXPO 2009 (October 5-7; Las Vegas Convention Center) and sponsor a reusable packaging track for the Conference at PACK EXPO. The collaboration is the latest example of PMMI’s ongoing effort to facilitate value-added programming around PACK EXPO, and help packaging professionals maximize tighter travel budgets.
“Reusable packaging can be an important component as attendees strive to reach their sustainability goals. We’re pleased to have RPA and its members participating in PACK EXPO Las Vegas and the Conference at PACK EXPO,” says Charles D. Yuska, President & CEO, PMMI.
Taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center, RPA’s annual meeting includes a welcome reception (Monday, October 5), breakfast education sessions for members and invited guests (Tuesday, October 6) and a Board of Directors meeting (Wednesday, October 7).
RPA is also sponsoring and organizing a track of sessions, open to all PACK EXPO attendees, for the Conference at PACK EXPO. Led by industry experts and end users, the sessions will focus on a range of issues related to reusable packaging including sustainability, RFID and effects on the supply chain. The sessions have been scheduled as follows:
Tuesday, October 6
Session Number: T19
Title: How Reusable Packaging Fits into a Sustainable Business Strategy
Speaker: Bob Klimko, Director of Marketing, Orbis Corporation and Chairman, Reusable Packaging Association
Session Number: T20
Title: Utilizing Reusable Packaging in the Whirlpool Supply Chain
Speaker: Jennifer Schleicher, Project Manager, Strategic Materials Management, Whirlpool Corporation
Wednesday, October 7
Session Number: W03
Title: Transforming the Produce Retail Supply Chain for Cole’s Supermarket – A Case Study of Deploying Reusable Packaging in one of Australia’s Largest Grocery Retailers
Speaker: Ian Neeland, CEO, TransL Systems
Session Number: W04
Title: How RFID and Reusable Packaging Contribute to a Successful Supply Chain Track and Trace System: A Panel Discussion.
Moderator: Michael McCartney, QLM Consulting
Panelists: To be confirmed
Registration for these sessions — and the entire Conference at PACK EXPO — is available online at www.packexpo.com. Attendees who register on or before September 15, 2009, will be charged $55 per session. Fees for registrations received after that date or on-site will be $75 per session. Registration for the exhibits at PACK EXPO is required before one can register to attend the conference program.
RPA members participating in the Annual Meeting will be able to attend the four sessions in the Reusable Packaging track at no charge. The above fees will apply for the rest of the Conference at PACK EXPO programming, however.
“Reusable products and systems can significantly improve a company’s productivity and profitability in several ways including lower cost per trip, decreased labor costs, enhanced product protection and better ergonomics and improved worker safety,” says Bob Klimko, Chairman of the Reusable Packaging Association. “We look forward to the opportunity to help PACK EXPO attendees understand how they can effectively implement reusable packaging into their operations.”
Uniting an Industry
Attendees can also take advantage of the following value-added programming during PACK EXPO:
* PACK EXPO 2009 will feature the new DistriPak Pavilion, dedicated to packaging and paper distributors and sponsored by the NPTA Alliance (formerly the National Paper Trade Association).
* The Association of Independent Corrugated Converters (AICC) will hold its 2009 Annual Meeting in conjunction with the show (October 5-7; MGM Grand Hotel). In addition, its 14th International Package Design Competition will be featured in The Brand Zone at PACK EXPO, near The Showcase of Packaging Innovations®.
* The MGM Grand Hotel will also host The International Bottled Water Association’s (IBWA) 2009 Convention and Tabletop Trade Show (October 5–9).
* Converting and Package Printing Expo (CPP EXPO) will showcase the latest in printing, coating, slitting and other state-of-the-art finishing processes.
* Sponsored and produced by the Food Processing Suppliers Association (FPSA), PROCESS EXPO will highlight equipment applicable to fruit and vegetable, beverage, canning/freezing, environmental, instrumentation, prepared foods, can making, meat, dairy and snack food industries.
To learn more, and to register for, PACK EXPO visit www.packexpo.com or contact PMMI’s Show Department at 703.243.8555 or email@example.com.
For more information about RPA events and conference programming, contact Jerry Welcome, President & CEO, RPA: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.224.8284.
PMMI is a trade association with more than 540 member companies that manufacture packaging and packaging-related converting machinery, commercially-available packaging machinery components, containers and materials in the United States and Canada. PMMI’s vision is to be the leading global resource for packaging, and its mission is to improve and promote members’ abilities to meet the needs of their customers. PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas and EXPO PACK México. Learn more about PMMI at pmmi.org.
PACK EXPO Las Vegas will be held October 5-7, 2009, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The show will be co-located with Converting & Package Printing EXPO and PROCESS EXPO. PMMI also produces EXPO PACK México, the premier packaging show in Latin America. The next edition of EXPO PACK México will be held June 22-25, 2010, at Centro Banamex, Mexico City, Mexico. PACK EXPO International 2010 will be held Oct. 31–Nov. 3, 2010, at McCormick Place in Chicago. Visit www.packexpo.com for more information.