Global FMCG packaging market to reach US$485.4B in 2012 driven by higher consumer spending in cosmetics, foods and beverages in emerging markets, report forecasts
April 12, 2012
– As the global FMCG packaging market undergoes regional shifts and demographical change, the industry is likely to experience several challenges. Sluggish growth in mature markets of North America and Western Europe pose challenges to FMCG brands. With the success of private labels controlling an ever increasing proportion of shelf space and offering good value to budget constrained consumers, FMCG brands need to find solution to increase their added value through packaging and product innovations in developed markets. While emerging markets, with their rising average household income and large population size are showing unprecedented potential for the FMCG packaging market. FMCG packaging manufacturer will have to adapt sizes and target both the lower income segment of the population in emerging market and its growing middle class. Visiongain calculates that the global FMCG packaging market will reach $485.4bn in 2012.
Growth will be uneven across regions, while developed markets are maturing; emerging markets appear to be pivotal for the market growth. High growth regions grouped under acronyms such as BRIC’s or CIVET’s (Columbia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey) are experiencing rapid increase in disposable income which translates into higher consumer spending in cosmetics, food and beverage sectors.
Similarly, changing demographics of the world population and population ageing is likely to drive growth in the healthcare FMCG packaging market while impacting FMCG packaging in term of design and consuming habits. Although the FMCG packaging market is set to grow over the next decade, there remain several challenges that need to be tackled.
The economic downturn has impacted consumer’s way of spending in developed markets. With price focused consumers and increasing raw materials price, FMCG companies are forced to lower margin. In the mean time, innovation continues to drive growth in these margins pushing up cost in research and development.
Digitalization is also impacting the way FMCG products are consumed. Consumers are more informed and share their experience about brands on social network. Marketing and communication are not limited to packaging support anymore but now encompass a whole new online dimension where packaging is likely to become the physical portal.
This report is intended to provide an in-depth analysis of the latest trends in the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) packaging industry and its growth and development in the next decade. It gives a unique insight into the evolution of the industry by mixing micro development in the industry coupled with broader insight in global macroeconomic development.
The Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Packaging Market 2012-2022 report contains
• 115 charts tables, charts and figures that quantify analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the FMCG packaging market from 2012-2022.
• In-depth analyses of FMCG packaging, characteristics, applications and evolution.
• Regional analysis of the market
• Forecasts for the global FMCG packaging market, together with the leading 10 national markets and consumer sub-markets, from 2012 to 2022
• A combined micro analysis and macro analysis of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats facing major stakeholders in the market
• Expert opinion from key-opinion leaders in the FMCG packaging market
If you are looking to gain expert insight of the FMCG packaging market and its dynamics for the next decade, then this report will be a powerful tool.
For sample pages and further information concerning the visiongain report Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Packaging Market 2012-2022 please visit: http://www.visiongain.com/Report/799/The-Fast-Moving-Consumer-Goods-%28FMCG%29-Packaging-Market-2012-2022
If you are interested in a more detailed overview of this report, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call her on +44 (0) 207 336 6100
Visiongain is one of the fastest growing and most innovative independent business intelligence companies in Europe. Based in London, UK, visiongain produces a host of business-2-business conferences, newsletters and management reports focusing on the Energy, Telecoms, Pharmaceuticals, Defence, Aviation and Materials sectors.
Visiongain publishes reports produced by its in-house analysts, who are qualified experts in their field. Visiongain has firmly established itself as the first port-of-call for the business professional, who needs independent, high quality, original material to rely and depend on.