Consumer in Finland dies after consuming Italian olives contaminated with botulinum
October 31, 2011
– A consumer in Finland has died after consuming Italian olives contaminated with botulinum, FoodProductionDaily.com reported Oct. 31.
Last week, the U.K. Food Standards Agency (FSA) ordered the withdrawal of a batch of Italian olives after two connected cases of botulinum were found in Finland. Also, the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said last week that it was withdrawing all batches and container sizes of the olives.
The olives were produced under the Gaudiano Organic brand and were stuffed with almonds.
The primary source of this article is FoodProductionDaily.com, Montpellier, France, on Oct. 31, 2011.