YRC adds mobile service offerings that allow customers to view shipping documents on Android, iPhone via dedicated applications, YRC mobile site for all other web-enabled phones
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas
September 23, 2011
YRC announced it has expanded its mobile service offerings, which will allow customers to view shipping documents on the Android and iPhone through dedicated apps and on all other web enabled phones through the YRC mobile site at http://m.yrc.com. The apps and mobile site enable customers to do a variety of tasks such as tracking shipments, accessing customer service and viewing shipping documents. Customers can also read the latest YRC news through the apps and mobile site.
"The expansion of our mobile service offerings is the latest in our technology enhancements for YRC customers," said Mike Naatz, president - customer care division and chief customer officer for YRC Worldwide. "With our new mobile documents application, YRC customers can immediately access their shipping documents in our system anywhere, anytime, making the shipping process even easier for our customers."
YRC mobile capabilities include:
* Mobile Shipping Document Application - Customers can view and email necessary shipping documents by simply entering the PRO number and choosing the desired documents. Customers can now view and email bills of lading (BOL), delivery receipts (DR), weight and inspection certificates and BOL and DR manifests from almost any mobile device.
* Tracking - Customers have the ability to track YRC shipments anytime, anywhere, using the PRO, BOL or PO number.
* Service Alerts - YRC electronic alerts keep customers in the know, giving them timely notification and the information to determine whether corrective measures are necessary.
* Rate Quotes - Using their mobile device, customers can obtain rate quotes with or without a YRC account and work directly with YRC online for additional quoting and shipment booking needs.
* Customer Service - Connect with YRC customer service by chat, email or one-button calling to serve all your transportation needs.
To download the free applications or read more about YRC mobile tools, please visit: http://www.yrc.com/shipping_tools/mobile.html.
YRC, a leading transporter of industrial, commercial and retail goods, specializes in solutions for businesses across North America. Built upon the combined strength of Yellow and Roadway, and headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., YRC operates a comprehensive North America network designed to create flexible, efficient, supply chain solutions that are simply reliable. For more information, visit www.yrc.com
About YRC Worldwide
YRC Worldwide Inc., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., is a leading provider of transportation and global logistics services. It is the holding company for a portfolio of successful brands including YRC, YRC Reimer, YRC Glen Moore, Reddaway, Holland and New Penn, and provides China-based services through its Jiayu and JHJ joint ventures. YRC Worldwide has the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload (LTL) network in North America with local, regional, national and international capabilities. Through its team of experienced service professionals, YRC Worldwide offers industry-leading expertise in heavyweight shipments and flexible supply chain solutions, ensuring customers can ship industrial, commercial and retail goods with confidence. Please visit www.yrcw.com for more information.