Global biodegradable plastics market to grow to 2,330,000 tons in 2016 from 664,000 tons in 2010, at CAGR of 20.24%, driven by consumer preference for eco-friendly packaging, reports Research and Markets
May 19, 2011
– Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/481598/biodegradable_plas) has announced the addition of the "Biodegradable Plastics Market: by Types (Starch, PLA, PHA, PCL, and PBS), Applications, Regulations, Prices, Trends & Forecast (2011 - 2016)" report to their offering.
Biodegradable Plastics Market: by Types (Starch, PLA, PHA, PCL and PBS) Applications, Regulations, Prices, Trends & Forecast (2011-2016)
The increasing demand for renewable and bio-based materials and shift in consumer preference for eco-friendly packaging is driving the market for global biodegradable plastics. The global biodegradable plastics market in terms of volume (000, metric tons) is expected to grow from 664 thousand metric tons in 2010 to 2330 thousand metric tons in 2016 at an estimated CAGR of 20.24% from 2011 to 2016.
Biodegradable plastics offer tremendous potential in various applications including packaging, electronics, transport, textiles and medical. Amongst all market segments, the starch-based plastics market commands the largest share in terms of volume, while PLA based plastics lead the market in terms of value. Packaging forms the largest application market due to increased consumer awareness for sustainable packaging. The packaging application contributed over 50% of the global biodegradable plastics market in 2010. In PLA-based plastics, textiles applications are expected to have the highest CAGR of 23.16% from 2011 to 2016.
Industry participants with the most agreement and collaboration and significant product developments include Cardia Bioplastics limited, Cereplast, Purac, and Telles. In 2011, Cereplast, Inc. has concluded a multi-million dollar distribution agreement with BioWorks Pl for the distribution of Cereplast bioplastic resins in the Poland market.
This research report categorizes the global market for biodegradable plastics market on the basis of product types, applications and geography; forecasting revenues and analyzing trends in each of the following submarkets:
On the basis of product type:
On the basis of application:
On basis of geography:
* North America
Key questions answered:
* Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of applications and materials?
* What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
* Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
* Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
* How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and product pipelines? Who is doing what?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Global Biodegradable Plastics Market by Types
5 Global Biodegradable Plastics Market - by Applications
6 Global Biodegradable Plastics Market - by Geography
7 Competitive Landscape
9 Company Profiles
* Basf Ag
* Biome Technologies Plc
* Biocor Llc
* Biop Biopolymer Technologies Ag
* Cardia Bioplastics (Australia) Ltd
* Cereplast Inc.
* Danimer Scientific Llc
* Fkur Kunststoff Gmbh
* Futerro Sa
* Kaneka Corp
* Mitsubishi Chemical Corp
* Naturesworks Llc
* Novamont Spa
* Northern Technologies International Corp
* National Starch
* Plantic Technologies Ltd
* Pyramid Bioplastics Guben Gmbh
* Solegear Bioplastics Inc.
* Synbra Technology Bv
* Showa Highpolymer
* Teijin Ltd
* Vegeplast Sas
* Wilkinson Industries Inc
* Wuhan Huali Environmental Protection Technology Co. Ltd.
* Zhejiang Hisun Biomaterials Co. Ltd.
* Zhejiang Hangzhou Xinfu Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
© 2021 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.