Domsjö Fabriker attains new daily production record for specialty cellulose of 832 tonnes on Feb. 2, reaches new monthly record in April of 19,873 tonnes; attributes success to adjustments to its process, continues work on further improvements
May 6, 2014
– The production runs as never before in the Biorefinery Domsjö Fabriker. It reflects all three main products ; Cellulose, Lignin and Bioethanol.
The production of Specialty cellulose has been especially good. Already by the end of 2013, we noted an increased production and the positive trend has continued. A new daily record was reached during early 2014 with a peak of 832 tons on 2 February.
Now, a new monthly record is taken, in April we produced 19 873 tons Cellulose which gives an average production of 662 tons per day. It should be compared with the previous record of 623 tons per day.
- We have never produced so much in modern time before. It is extremely gratifying, says Lars Winter, CEO.
- We have for some time been working with adjustments in our process. Now we see the result of the fantastic work done by our employees. The interest and commitment to work with improvements are very large.
- All employees should take the credit of this success, Lars Winter continues.
It is not only the production that was high, although quality outcome was record high. Of cellulose, the production was 99.6 % of the intended quality, which is incredibly good.
- We hope to continue at this rate, so we can reach over 230 000 tons cellulose during the year. And we are also working on further improvements, primarily in the cooking and recovery departments, concludes Lars Winter.
It is not only the cellulose production that is booming . This positive trend has also influenced the production of lignin and bioethanol which became very high during April.