Albea celebrates 10 years of corporate social responsibility, notes it has cut environmental impact of tubes by more than 30% and halved number of accidents at plants since 2004, improved energy efficiency by 8% between 2012 and 2013, and more
April 24, 2014
– Today is Earth Day, and Albéa is proud to celebrate 10 years of commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility – alongside its suppliers and customers, with all its people, for a better world.
In 2004, Albéa set up its first environmental performance measurement system.
Since then, the company has made significant progress:
- The number of accidents (with and without lost time) in its plants has been halved – which means a great deal to all employees, their families and communities.
- Albéa tubes’ environmental impact has been cut by more than 30% (in CO2 equivalent) thanks to thinner skirts, lighter caps and recycled resin. The teams have also developed eco-designed makeup packaging, a propellant gas-free foam pump and fragrance samplers that are 100% plastic and thus recyclable; they are also working with fair trade-certified suppliers.
- In 2007, with support from an expert consultancy, the company defined a Social Responsibility Directive for audits of its production plants and those of its strategic suppliers. These audits are based on standards that are both demanding and tailored to the needs of the beauty & personal care markets, particularly in terms of health, safety and working conditions.
- On every World Environment Day since 2009, Albéa teams have rallied round outstanding community service projects in fields ranging from education and health to the environment. 4,000 people took part in 2013!
- In 2010, the company set its energy and waste reduction targets for the next five years and launched action plans to meet these targets. In particular, energy efficiency has already improved by 8% in all sites involved between 2012 and 2013.
- Over the past few years, some plants have been developing ‘solidarity sourcing’ programs, aimed at increasing participation of small businesses as well as offering work to physically-challenged or long-term unemployed persons.
- In 2014, more than 60% of Albéa’s production plants are ISO 14001 (environment) or OHSAS 18001 (health & safety) certified, and all of them should be certified by 2020. In particular, all the new plants that are built operate on the best manufacturing standards.
“We want to improve the environmental, social and economic footprint of our activities across the world, for all our people and all our stakeholders, in all the communities where we operate.
It is our commitment to grow our company while acting responsibly and impacting positively
the world we all live in. “ says François Luscan, Albéa’s president and CEO.
“ We believe we can really make a difference – working together with our customers and suppliers and all our stakeholders.”
Albéa offers the world’s largest range of beauty and personal care packaging - with leadership positions in plastic & laminate tubes, mascaras, lipsticks, samplers and foam pumps; and recognized expertise in fragrance & skincare dispensing pumps, fragrance & lotion caps, compacts, lipgloss, promotional items and accessories.
Our 16,600 people serve large and small customers in 60 countries across the world, and operate 38 facilities in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Albéa’s global sales totaled US$1.5 billion in 2013.
Albéa’s committed teams provide local presence and global reach; robust capabilities in innovation & design as well as project management; solid operating excellence; world-class manufacturing, decoration and full-service; as well as a strong commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
Albéa is proud to have been contributing to our customers’ success for more than 20 years.
For more information: www.albea-group.com