Xerox India launches digital Wide Format IJP 2000 and Xerox 570 at Print Expo 2014, expanding digital printing equipment offerings into growing market for large posters and signage; systems feature versatile media range, scanning capabilities
April 22, 2014
(IT Var News)
– With the aim of further strengthening its digital printing equipments portfolio, Xerox India, a part of Xerox Corporation, the world's leading enterprise for digital production printing, business process and document management launched the Wide Format IJP 2000 and Xerox 570 at Print Expo 2014, held in Chennai from 18th-20th April 2014.
The new Wide Format IJP 2000 meets the growing demand for large indoor posters, signages, point-of-purchase graphics, and banners and gives printers the extra speed needed to produce more jobs faster. Commenting on the launch, Vipin Tuteja, Executive Director, Technology, Channels & International Business, Xerox India says, "We knew there was a market for Wide Format equipments and therefore took a conscious decision to launch Wide Format IJP 2000 & Xerox 570 at Print Expo 2014 in Chennai. The IJP 2000 breaks the mould in terms of speed and brings a huge competitive advantage to our customers. Increased speed means printers can accept and produce more wide format jobs, even last minute requests. I am happy that our partners and customers at the Print Expo 2014 have given a positive feedback to Wide Format IJP 2000 and Xerox 570 and we will soon see installations across the country. "
He added, "2013 was a year of uncertain economic conditions and was slow for the printing industry. However Q1 of CY 2014 has shown some positive signs. Our digital printing business is growing by 20% and South continues to be a key market for us. At the Print Expo 2014, this year we have showcased a wide portfolio of digital presses covering the whole spectrum, ranging from entry to mid-segment digital printing equipment - Xerox Phaser 7800/7830 series, Xerox 560, Xerox Color J75, Xerox Color C75 and Wide Format 6705."
Key Highlights of Wide Format IJP 2000
* Faster print speeds: complete jobs more than 40 times faster than comparable wide format systems (up to 4,520 square feet/420 square meters per hour). That means high-quality, color signs can be printed in five seconds, 10 meters banners in one minute and production runs of 200 prints in about 20 minutes.
* Stationary print heads: allow the paper to move under five print heads in one single pass; fewer moving parts mean better speed and less maintenance.
* High vibrancy with instantly dry ink: produce a variety of full-color products - from tradeshow banners and presentation graphics to life-size photos and promotional displays - with crisp, precise imagery.
* Expansive specialty media range: allow printers to offer customers more choices in wide format applications, with media such as banner fabric, photo gloss, satin and backlit/stoplight films.
* Industry-leading wide format workflow software: the Caldera GrandRIP+ keeps the device running at full-rated speed while processing jobs. The software is easy to use, even for new operators, and includes spot color matching for a uniform look across different jobs and media.
* Personalized software (optional): produce personalized materials quickly and efficiently with Xerox FreeFlow VI Design Express software. This Adobe InDesign plug-in simplifies the design and creation of variable signs; includes templates and step-by-step instructions.
Key Highlights of Xerox 570
* True multitasking: Scan, print, copy, fax or route files, all at once. Preview scans and fax images on-screen and avoid mistakes.
* Save time and steps: The Xerox Color 560/570 offers superior scanning and allows you to send the files anywhere. Email lists, store on-board, send to a PC, server, USB or fax. Create a searchable PDF in one simple step.
* Xerox ConnectKey for SharePoint: Scan files directly into Microsoft SharePoint and other Windows folders. Plus, you'll go beyond basic file storage by converting documents to intelligent data and apply SharePoint policies to your data.
* Xerox Scan to PC Desktop: Bridge the gap between Microsoft Office documents, PDFs and paper. Scan to PC Desktop allows you to customize scanning menus on your Xerox Color 560/570 directly from your desktop.
* Xerox Mobile Print: Xerox has all the options to enable secure, accurate printing from any Apple iOS, Android and BlackBerry mobile devices.
Copyright 2014 Techplus Media Pvt. Ltd., distributed by Contify.com