Nippon Paper to raise prices by 10% or more on base paper for beverage cups, paper trays and plates, effective with shipments starting April 21, cites rising costs of raw materials and fuels
March 6, 2014
– Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. (President: Yoshio Haga) will be revising the price of base paper for paper cups as follows.
1. Products Categories Subject to Price Revision: Base paper for paper cups for beverages and containers and base paper for paper trays and plates
2. Price Increase: 10% or more for individual product categories
3. Application of New Prices: Products shipped on April 21, 2014 and later
4. Grounds for Revision: With rising prices of a number of raw materials and fuels, we have sought to cut costs to absorb the cost increases. However, we have found it impossible to achieve further cost reductions through our independent efforts alone and have therefore decided to revise product prices.