NAHB publishes book that simplifies home maintenance process, including maintenance schedule for all major home components, monthly cleaning and maintenance suggestions; book available for purchase online
October 10, 2013
– Spending a few minutes each week caring for your home is essential to ensuring its livability and value now, and getting the best sales price later. Home Maintenance Made Easy: What to Do, When to Do It, When to Call for Help published by NAHB MyHome Press, an imprint of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), explains the small, but significant steps home owners can and should take to keep their home in good working order.
Home Maintenance Made Easy shows home owners how to maintain their home’s building envelope and major and minor functional systems such as heating, electrical, and plumbing. The book provides a place to store important papers like receipts, instructions, warranties and contact information. It also includes monthly suggestions for maintenance and cleaning that will simplify upkeep, and a home maintenance schedule for all major home components. Home owners can also utilize the online tools provided to store maintenance records, contact information and other details about the home electronically.
“This comprehensive resource provides a sensible approach to regular home maintenance, using tips that have been tested and recommended by professional builders and remodelers,” said NAHB Chairman Rick Judson, a home builder from Charlotte, N.C. “Home owners will learn how to better care for their home with the book’s guidance on how to tackle simple home projects, troubleshoot various issues, as well as tips for saving money and knowing when it is best to call a professional.”
Home Maintenance Made Easy will help home owners:
• Manage tasks with handy month-to-month checklists
• Organize records of parts, repairs, warranties, replacements, and phone numbers/contact information in one place
• Troubleshoot problems step-by-step
• Learn when to “do it yourself” and when to call in a pro
• Assemble an inexpensive home maintenance toolbox
• Avoid costly mistakes
• Save money on home repairs
Home Maintenance Made Easy is available for purchase at http://www.builderbooks.com/ for NAHB members and http://www.myhomepress.com/ for non-members. Spiral bound/83pages, $19.95 retail, $17.95 NAHB member, ISBN 978-0-86718-718-2. The eBook is available at ebooks.builderbooks.com ($19.95 retail/$17.95 NAHB member).
[Editor’s Note: Editors who are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of Home Maintenance Made Easy to review for their publications should contact Patricia Potts at 202-266-8224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.]