About 50% of all cosmetics, beauty and skin-care products sold over the counter in India either fake, spurious or both, have expired shelf life and/or harmful to human skin in long run, according to survey conducted by medical officials
June 3, 2013
(India Education Diary)
– Ayurveda expert Dr Samir Mansuri and his team of doctors at Ocean Miracle including former Principal of the Govt Akhandanand Ayurveda College and Hospital, Ahmedabad, Dr G K Mansuri - who holds an MD in ayurveda and is a member of the CCIM ' Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India - conducted an in-depth and comprehensive survey and study of cosmetic and beauty products available in the Indian market over the counter and without prescription. The findings of the study and survey reveal that:
1. About 50 per cent of all cosmetics and beauty or skin care products sold over the counter in India are either fake or spurious or both or whose shelf life has expired and are harmful to the human skin in the long run.
2. Many products do not have the mandatory Government of India manufacturing license for cosmetic products.
3.. About 65 per cent of unbranded (or unknown brands) products have harmful ingredients or compounds including synthetically produced elements, ingredients and compounds.
4. Even ayurvedic products manufactured by FMCG giants contain ingredients obtained from herbs and plants or plant extracts grown artificially and not organically.
5. Overdoses of pesticides remain as residues in such ayurvedic products. Most ayurvedic products sold in India as beauty and cosmetic products are not tested for residual pesticides.
6. According to Dr Samir Mansuri, if bottled water and colas manufactured by large international FMCG brands and monitored by several NGOs can contain high level of pesticides, one can only attempt to imagine the situation with medicinal and non-medicinal cosmetic products manufactured with herbal and plant extracts and sold OTC as ayurvedic medicines.
The survey was conducted over two months and about 500 products were tested by the team of doctors and experts including Dr Samir Mansuri and Dr G K Mansuri both at research labs and facilities in Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
Following these startling results of the survey, Dr Samir Mansuri has launched the 'Save Our Skin' social media and online campaign to spread awareness about fake, spurious and harmful beauty and cosmetic products sold in India without any regulation or restriction.
Dr. Samir Mansuri was born blind as a bat. His tale of woe began as soon as he was born. Gifted with a very keen sense of hearing which he was conscious of since a young age, his family sent him to an NGO-run boarding school for the blind.
Dumped by his family as a liability and a 'curse' he left home and moved to Hyderabad after completing his high school education because his family considered him a 'burden'. Living on railway platforms, sleeping beneath stair cases and working in massage parlors as a masseur to earn his living and save money for his higher education, Dr Samir Mansuri completed his graduation in Arts and went on to do a specialization in Ayurveda. A chance encounter with an 89-year-old traditional Ayurvedic doctor Guru Shamshuddin changed his career. From a masseur ' he had excelled as one and had earned a loyal clientele by then ' he began to use his professional training as a doctor and began to practice medicine. Shamshuddin taught him the art and science of pulse diagnosis and the secrets of herbal connotations and cures. He assisted Dr Shamshuddin for about four years tuning and honing his skills and techniques at the same time gathering voluble and invaluable hands-on experience. With this wealth of knowledge, including his by-now well-honed skills in pulse diagnosis Dr Samir Mansuri obtained a medical practitioner's license in Hyderabad in 1999 and went ahead to innovate and produce a range of eco-organic herbal beauty care products which he today promotes under his brand name Ocean Miracle.
Dr Samir Mansuri and Ocean Miracle: Ayurveda specialist Dr Samir Mansoori has introduced Ocean Miracle - a range of eco-organic beauty products which include face packs, scrubs and other facial-related products like gels and creams. The USP of Dr Samir Mansoori's Ocean Miracle range is the fact that the ingredients are totally organic and natural and are not chemically treated or altered. Says Dr Samir Mansoori, "My products are 100 per cent natural. All the constituents are 100 per cent organic. There is no synthetic or chemical component at all and hence zero percent chances of any after effects or allergic reactions." Several film stars and sports persons swear by Dr Samir Mansoori's Ocean Miracle range of products and cannot do without them.
Dr Samir Mansoori believes that even a blind or sightless person can have a vision Dr Samir Mansoori was born blind and has reached great heights at an early age due to his perseverance and hard work. He is very spiritual and holds his Guruji in very high esteem. He did not let his disability bother him at all and he kept going with his research and development. The long hours spent on R&D have helped him immensely, making him an expert authority on ayurvedic medicine, particularly for skin-related issues. The range of products includes an anti-aging miracle potion which is yet to be patented and officially released commercially. Published by HT Syndication with permission from India Education Diary. For any query with respect to this article or any other content requirement, please contact Editor at email@example.com
(c) 2013 by www.IndiaEducationDiary.com