Global glass packaging market forecast to reach US$36.8B in 2013, with largest growth coming from emerging economies, developed economies hit by recession, report says; glass packaging to lose market share to plastics, particularly in beverage industry
December 13, 2012
– Report Details
The global glass packaging market is growing and has recovered from the global financial recession from a production stand point at least, however overall demand is still wanting. The glass packaging market as a whole is a mature sector and the growth rate attributed is in line with this view. However, certain subsectors within the wider market are posting growth rates that would be more associated with a dynamic market, however these subsectors do not affect the overall momentum of the market as a whole. Visiongain assesses the glass packaging market will reach $36.8bn in 2013.
Glass will always hold a market position in the mix of other packaging materials but this position is slowly being challenged further by plastics which is perceived to be a more youthful and energised material in comparison to glass. Over the next ten years the landscape of the packaging industry will change and glass will take a step back as plastics move forward, and this will be most keenly seen within the beverage industry. Glass will however solidify its image as being a luxury item and any product wishing to portray an image of sophistication and value will choose glass above all others.
Most growth within the glass packaging industry will be posted by the emerging economies as the developed economies which were hit hardest by the recession have reached a plateau in their demand for glass packaging. The emerging markets on the other hand are finding their feet and embracing the luxury and import markets which they can now afford and glass is placed extremely well within these markets to take advantage of this increased demand.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with the Society of Glass Technology, Design Bridge, FEVE (The European Container Glass Federation) and with the Argentine Packaging Institute are included in the report. As such, our reports have a unique blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments, as well as identifying the technological issues. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2013-2023 - all identifying strategic business opportunities.
Why you should buy Global Glass Packaging Market 2013-2023
• Stay ahead with this comprehensive analysis of the glass packaging industry prospects
- The report comprises 158 pages
• Get ahead by studying highly quantitative content that delivers solid conclusions benefiting your research and analysis
- 98 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying and forecasting the market
• Read exclusive expert opinion interviews from industry specialists informing the analysis
- Society of Glass Technology
- Design Bridge
- FEVE (The European Container Glass Federation)
- Argentine Packaging Institute
• View global market forecasts from 2013-2023 to keep your knowledge one step ahead of the competition
- The report provides an analytical overview with detailed national sales projections and analysis of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints.
• Keep informed about the potential for each of the submarkets with forecasts from 2013-2023
- Food Glass Packaging
- Beverage Glass Packaging
- Healthcare Glass Packaging
- Personal Care Glass Packaging
- Other Glass Packaging
• Learn about the opportunities in 12 leading countries with market forecasts between 2013-2023
- South Africa
• Understand the competitive landscape with profiles of 13 leading companies examining their positioning, products, focus, strategies and outlook.
- Saint-Gobain Group
- Ardagh Group
- Gerresheimer Group
- Sisecam Group
- Borosil Glass Works
- Vitro S.A.B. de C.V.
- Bormioli Rocco SpA
- China Glass Holdings Ltd
- Hindustan National Glass Industries
- Heinz-Glas GmbH
- Zignago Vetro SpA
- Allied Glass Containers Ltd
• Discover the qualitative analysis informing the market forecasts
- SWOT analysis of competitive factors: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats revealing what drives and restrains the industry and the prospects and challenges for market operators.
How the Global Glass Packaging Market 2013-2023 report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the glass packaging industry and market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinions providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and keep one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report Global Glass Packaging Market 2013-2023.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6