US coal production totaled roughly 19.2 mmst in week ended Nov. 24, down 4.1% from previous week and 9.7% from a year ago; year-to-date, coal production totaled 919.9 mmst, down 6.3% from same period a year ago: EIA
December 3, 2012
– For the week ended November 24:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.2 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 4.1 percent lower than last week's estimate and 9.7 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2011
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled about 7.7 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled about 11.5 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 919.9 mmst, 6.3 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2011
• An evaluation of the Weekly Coal Production Report has been done to compare 2011 estimates with 2011 actual Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) production.
It is available under "Coal Production Estimates Evaluation".
US Coal Production, Nov. 24, 2012