China exports of paper, paperboard in first three quarters up 2.5% year-over-year to 3.531 million tonnes, export value up 12.8% to US$4.23B; coated paper, corrugating medium increase, but newsprint, kraft paper fall: China Customs

BEIJING , November 26, 2012 () – Data from China Customs Agency showed that in first 3 quarters, China exported a total of 3.531 million mts of paper & paperboard ( not cut to length), up 2.5% year on year. Export value was US$ 4.23 billion, jumping 12.8%. Among which, export of newsprint and Kraft paper slumped to 3,065 mts and 57,000 mts, dipping 78.6% and 44.4% year on year. Export of paper with mineral coat and premium coated paper were 2.339 million mts and 1.124 million mts, up 2.3% and 12.5% year on year. Export of corrugating medium were 24,000 mts, jumping 10% year on year.

ASEAN is the main destination for export

In first 3 quarters, China exported 345,000 mts of paper with mineral coat to ASEAN, up 11.4%. Among which, 131,000 mts of paper with mineral coat were exported to India, slumping 24.2%. China exported 103,000 mts of paper with mineral coat to EU, slumping 18.9% and 115,000 mts to the US, rising 72.4% year on year.

In first 3 quarters, China exported 150,000 mts of premium coated paper to ASEAN, jumping 14.4% year on year and accounting for 13.4% of total export of premium coated paper in the period. China exported 21,000 mts and 21,000 mts of premium coated paper to EU and the US, rising 1.3 times and 1.4 times year on year.

In first 3 quarters, China exported 7,409 mts of corrugating medium to Viet Nam, jumping 48 times year on year. China exported 4,840 mts of corrugating medium to the US, jumping 92 times year on year.

In first 3 quarters, China exported 400 mts of newsprint to Cuba. China exported 22,000 mts and 6,345 mts of Kraft paper to ASEAN and South Korea, dipping 24.6% and jumping 56.2% year on year.

Nanjing Port is the main port for export

In first 3 quarters, 1.12 million mts of paper & paperboard were exported through Nanjing Port, up 3.6%. Export value was US$ 1.13 billion, up 5% year on year. Qingdao Port and Shanghai Port ranked 2nd and 3rd place to the value of US$ 770 million and US$ 600 million.

In Nanjing Port, 840,000 mts of paper with mineral coat were exported, up 4% and accounting for 36% of export totals in the country. In Shenzhen Port, 21,000 mts of corrugating medium were exported, jumping 40% year on year. In Qingdao Port, 1,698 mts of newsprint were exported, slumping 73.3% year on year and accounting for 55.4% of total newsprint export in the country. Shenzhen Port and Shanghai Port were main ports for export of Kraft Paper to 24,000 mts and 11,000 mts, slumping 8.2% and 68.3% year on year.
In first 3 quarters, foreign funded firms in China exported 2.62 million mts of paper & paperboard, dipping 2.9% year on year and accounting for 74.2% of total export of paper & paperboard in the country. They exported 1.823 million mts of paper with mineral coat, slumping 5% year on year and accounting for 78% of total export of paper with mineral coat from China.

* All content is copyrighted by Industry Intelligence, or the original respective author or source. You may not recirculate, redistrubte or publish the analysis and presentation included in the service without Industry Intelligence's prior written consent. Please review our terms of use.