US commodity chemicals market grows at CAGR of 1.3% from 2007-2011, reaches revenue of US$277.5B in 2011, as basic organics account for 38.9% of market, report says; market to grow at CAGR of 5.1% from 2011-2016, reach value of US$356.2B by end of 2016
September 5, 2012
– Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Commodity Chemicals in the United States" report to their offering.
Commodity Chemicals in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States commodity chemicals market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The commodity chemicals market is valued as the revenues accrued by companies from the sales of industrial chemicals and basic chemicals. These include but are not limited to organics, inorganics, resins plastics, synthetic rubbers, fibers, films, commodity-based paints & pigments, coatings, adhesives, explosives and petrochemicals. The market excludes chemical companies classified in the diversified chemicals, fertilizers & agricultural chemicals, industrial gases, or specialty chemicals sub-industries. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at 2011 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The US commodity chemicals market had total revenues of $277.5 billion in 2011, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% between 2007 and 2011.
- Basic organics sales proved the most lucrative for the US commodity chemicals market in 2011, with total revenues of $107.9 billion, equivalent to 38.9% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 5.1% for the five-year period 2011 - 2016, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $356.2 billion by the end of 2016.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the commodity chemicals market in the United States
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the commodity chemicals market in the United States
Leading company profiles reveal details of key commodity chemicals market players' global operations and financial performance
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the United States economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the United States commodity chemicals market by value in 2011?
- What will be the size of the United States commodity chemicals market in 2016?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States commodity chemicals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States's commodity chemicals market?
© 2020 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.