New York City Mayor Bloomberg plans to keep any changes to proposal restricting sale of large sugary drinks in city under wraps until Board of Health's vote on Sept. 13, government official says; board expected to approve proposal

LOS ANGELES , August 30, 2012 () – New York City’s health commissioner said Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s office plans to keep any changes to its proposal restricting the sale of large sugary drinks in the city under wraps until the Board of Health’s vote on Sept. 13, The Wall Street Journal reported Aug. 30.

The board is expected to approve the proposal, which would ban the sale of sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces at restaurants and other venues.

Earlier in August following months of debate, Bloomberg said the administration didn’t have any suggested alterations to the proposal.

The primary source of this article is The Wall Street Journal, New York, New York, on Aug. 30, 2012.

* All content is copyrighted by Industry Intelligence, or the original respective author or source. You may not recirculate, redistrubte or publish the analysis and presentation included in the service without Industry Intelligence's prior written consent. Please review our terms of use.