Japan's online retail sector had revenues of US$24.7B in 2011, representing CAGR of 10.2% between 2007 and 2011; online retail growth expected to decelerate to CAGR of 7.1% through 2016
August 16, 2012
– Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mpzskv/online_retail_in_j) has announced the addition of the "Online Retail in Japan" report to their offering.
Online Retail in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan online retail market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The online retail sector consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of retail goods via online channels, valued at retail selling price. The market values exclude travel and ticket bookings, online corporate purchasing, and online auction transactions. All currency conversions are calculated using constant 2011 annual average exchange rates.
- The Japanese online retail sector had total revenues of $24.7 billion in 2011, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% between 2007 and 2011.
- Sales of books, music and videos proved the most lucrative for the Japanese online retail sector in 2011, with total revenues of $6.5 billion, equivalent to 26.3% of the sector's overall value.
- The performance of the sector is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 7.1% for the five-year period 2011 - 2016, which is expected to drive the sector to a value of $34.7 billion by the end of 2016.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the online retail market in Japan
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the online retail market in Japan
Leading company profiles reveal details of key online retail market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan online retail market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Japan economy
© 2020 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.