Starbucks offering four new petite-sized confectionary products: apple pie, cherry pie, brown sugar walnut tart and chocolate hazelnut tart
March 6, 2012
– Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ:SBUX) offers a wide variety of deliciously handcrafted espresso beverages that customers can personalize – hot or iced – anytime of the day that is uniquely their own. There are more than 170,000 ways baristas can customize beverages at Starbucks, from a variety of fresh dairy selections to any combination of syrups, toppings, or just by adding extra shots. From March 8-14, Starbucks will feature a limited-time beverage offer to encourage customers to discover new espresso favorites. Customers can buy any espresso beverage before 11 a.m. and bring back their receipt to enjoy any hot or iced espresso beverage for half price after 2 p.m. that same day.
“Customers expect the highest-quality beverages when they come to Starbucks and customization has always been an important part of the Starbucks Experience,” said Annie Young-Scrivner, global chief marketing officer, Starbucks Coffee Company. “From pulling the perfect shot of espresso, to creating velvety steamed milk and connecting with customers, our baristas strive to exceed these expectations every day to make delicious, handcrafted beverages tailored for each customer.”
Satisfying, Perfectly-Sized Deliciousness
Starbucks Petites are the best complement to any handcrafted espresso beverage and, today, Starbucks expands its selection of delicious small sweets with new pies and tarts, all perfectly-sized for a delicious afternoon treat. Starbucks Petites pies are made with fruit fillings baked into a buttery, flaky pie crust and Starbucks Petites tarts have rich, decadent fillings enrobed in a tender shortbread crust. In the U.S., Starbucks Petites pies and tarts are available for $1.50 each, two for $2.50 (50¢ discount), and six for $7.50 ($1.50 discount) plus tax if applicable.
“Customers coming in the afternoon are looking for more variety,” said Young-Scrivner. “Having products that are not only delicious, but made from the finest ingredients is important to our customers and remains incremental to our coffee business - Starbucks Petites is no exception.”
In addition to customer favorites like, Cake Pops (Birthday Cake, Rocky Road and Tiramisu flavors) and Whoopie Pies (Chocolate Crème and Red Velvet flavors), Starbucks is expanding the Starbucks Petites™ line with new pies and tarts options:
* Apple Pie: Fresh apples are combined with cinnamon, baked to a golden brown in a flaky pie crust, and finished with a sprinkle of sugar.
* Cherry Pie: Whole cherries are combined to create a deliciously tart and sweet filling, baked in a buttery pie crust, and topped with a sprinkle of sugar.
* Brown Sugar Walnut Tart: Brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts mixed in a buttery shortbread crust, elegantly topped with cinnamon streusel and a white glaze drizzle.
* Chocolate Hazelnut Tart: Rich chocolate hazelnut spread in a tender shortbread crust and elegantly finished with a drizzle of chocolate.
A Coffee Favorite Returns for a Limited Time
Starbucks Tribute Blend®, one of Starbucks best-selling special-occasion coffees is back because our customers have asked for this coffee to return. Starbucks Tribute Blend® combines four of Starbucks all-time favorite coffees: Aged Sumatra, Sun-dried Ethiopia, Papua New Guinea, and Colombia coffees, after being individually roasted to capture the best flavor notes from each variety. Available for a limited-time only, Starbucks Tribute Blend® coffee brings balance and consistency to every cup, whether it’s brewed at home, or on-the-go with a stick of Starbucks VIA Tribute Blend™.
Customers can bring home Starbucks Tribute Blend® whole coffee in 8 oz. ($8.95 U.S. / $9.95 CAN), 1lb ($14.95 U.S. / $18.95 CAN), or a 12-pack of Starbucks VIA Tribute Blend™ ($11.95 U.S. / $12.95 CAN).
About Starbucks Corporation
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting the highest-quality arabica coffee in the world. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at www.starbucks.com.
© 2017 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.