China cosmetics retail sales up 24.5% year over year to 99.2B yuan between January and November, 2011, report says; Chinese skincare market the largest cosmetics market segment in the world at 64.2B yuan
February 29, 2012
– Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f0ec53/china_cosmetics_ma) has announced the addition of the "China Cosmetics Market Report, 2010-2011" report to their offering.
Benefiting from the accelerated process of urbanization in China as well as the improved disposable income of residents, Chinese consumers have displayed growing demand for beauty & cosmetics. In 2001-2010, the retailing of cosmetics in China increased by five-fold, thus becoming one of the world's largest cosmetics consumer markets; from January to November of 2011, the retail sales climbed 24.5% YoY to RMB99.2 billion.
In 2010, Chinese skincare market size reached RMB64.2 billion, turning into the largest cosmetics market segment. In the same year, retail sales of top ten skincare brands accounted for 38% of the entire skincare market, of which, 80% were foreign brands, while domestic brands merely referred to Chcedo and Herborist. Since 2012, China has cut import tariffs for imported skincare products, which favors multinational cosmetics manufacturers.
As an emerging market segment in recent years, men's skincare market in China reached RMB4 billion in 2010, with industry growth rate at 40% or so, far higher than that of women's.
About This Report:
China Cosmetics Market Report, 2010-2011 by ResearchInChina mainly covers the followings:
* Industry Research: primarily includes scale, competition pattern & features, import & export of China cosmetics industry.
* Channel Analysis:chiefly studies development status, characteristics and trends of department store channel, supermarket, specialty store, online, direct selling.
* Market Segment: covers market status & size, competition features, key players and development trends of five market segments, i.e. skin care, make-ups, perfume, men's cosmetics as well as cosmeceuticals.
* Major Companies:? research on 19 major cosmetics enterprises in the Chinese market, such as L'Oral and Shanghai Jahwa.
Key Topics Covered:
* Industry Status
* Channel Analysis
* Market Segments
* Other Emerging Market Segments
* Multinational Companies
* Chinese Companies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f0ec53/china_cosmetics_ma
© 2021 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.