Per-capita food consumption in Netherlands forecast to rise 3.2% this year and 21.9% by 2016, according to new report; alcoholic drink sales forecast to rise 2.9% this year, 20.6% by 2016; soft drink sales should increase 4.4% in 2012, 31.2% by 2016
February 28, 2012
– Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f12833/netherlands_food_a) has announced the addition of the "Netherlands Food and Drink Report Q1 2012" report to their offering.
Business Monitor International's Netherlands Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on Netherlands's food and drink industry.
The Dutch economy returned to growth in 2010, with full-year GDP coming in at 1.8% year-on-year (y-o-y). However, in the second half of 2011, confidence has been shaken by the ongoing troubles within the eurozone. Private consumption contracted for three consecutive quarters in 2011, declining 1.1% y-o-y in Q311 (following already weak growth of 0.4% y-o-y in 2010). BMI has therefore been prompted to revise its outlook for Dutch private consumption, forecasting private consumption growth of 0.2% y-o-y in 2012 and 1.5% in 2013. Both producer and consumer confidence are steadily turning lower and, with fiscal austerity set to bite further in the medium term, BMI expects the job market to remain under pressure. Several factors will act as a drag on household consumption over the coming quarters. In particular, fiscal austerity measures will increasingly bite as Prime Minister Mark Rutte's right-wing coalition pursues its mandate to cut public spending by EUR18bn.
Headline Industry Data:
* 2012 per capita food consumption = +3.2%; forecast to 2016 = +21.9%
* 2012 alcoholic drink sales = +2.9%; forecast to 2016 = +20.6%
* 2012 soft drink sales =+4.4%; forecast to 2016 = +31.2%
* 2012 mass grocery retail sales = +5.5%; forecast to 2016 = +38.0%
* Heineken International
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f12833/netherlands_food_a
© 2021 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.