Cencosud intends to invest US$1.3B during 2012 on new stores in Chile, Peru, Brazil, Columbia; company expects to generate US$18B in revenue
February 13, 2012
– On Feb. 10, Cencosud SA, a Chilean holding company, announced that it intends to invest US$1.3 billion during 2012 and expects to generate $18 billion in revenue, Fox Business reported Feb. 10, 2012.
Of this $1.3 billion investment:
• $413 million has been earmarked for two new shopping malls and 33 new stores in Chile
• $198 million has been earmarked for 26 new stores in Brazil
• $119 million has been earmarked for one new mall and 15 new supermarkets in Peru
• $147 million has been earmarked for 27 new stores in Columbia
• $3 million has been earmarked for one new home improvement store in Columbia
In a statement, Cencosud announced that, before amortization, depreciation and income taxes, it expected to post earnings of $1.58 billion in 2012.
The primary source of this article is Fox Business, New York, New York, on Feb. 10, 2012.