Weatherchem develops new rotary-dial design closure system VersaFlap, offers dispensary options, customizable design, marketing space, recyclability
November 1, 2011
– Weatherchem (www.weatherchem.com) has developed an innovative rotary-dial design that lets consumers choose however they want to dispense – scoop, pour or sift.
The new VersaFlap™ integrated closure system functions as three closures in one. With a simple twist on the rotary dial, consumers can choose just how they want the container to function. They can even open the entire cap if they choose. It’s ideal for a wide range of products, including snacks, lawn care, pet foods, spices, or dry household products, to name a few.
VersaFlap has a wide variety of features tailored for large containers:
- VersaFlap provides easy access to the product inside. The consumer can fit his or her whole hand inside.
- VersaFlap can be configured to offer a choice of sifts, slots or even create a custom-designed opening for the closure.
- As with all of Weatherchem’s closures, VersaFlap comes with features consumers depend on – our audible snap so consumers know you’re locking in freshness and getting a tight close
- An enhanced thumb indent makes opening our cap an effortless experience for one-hand opening and closing.
- The closure carries a modern, polished look to your brand, with a fresh, high gloss finish for great shelf impact.
With VersaFlap, brand packagers can do something not available before – create a two-color closure by making the rotary dial a different color than the rest of the cap. Now package designers can go one step further to integrate their brand’s style and colors into the package.
VersaFlap's particularly large and flat surface area on the top of the closure provides abundant space for decorating with a logo, marketing message, or product information. The surface can even be custom embossed to create a more lasting impression. Weatherchem has the capability to customize closure designs for unique package projects as well, using custom colors or special shapes.
As with all Weatherchem dispensing closures, the VersaFlap is designed with sustainability in mind, a top concern for many of today’s consumers and for chemical product packagers. The closure is fully recyclable and uses less material (meaning less weight), which saves on shipping fuel.
Weatherchem Corporation is an innovative manufacturer and marketer of convenient plastic dispensing closures and controlled access packaging. As the creators of the original Flapper® dispensing closure, Weatherchem now offers one of the industry's most innovative closure product lines. In addition to Flapper these include: LiquiFlapper®, NutraFlapper®, NutraGen II®, FlapMate® and Grinder NR®.
Whether designing or selecting packaging for a new product or revamping the design of an existing product, Weatherchem has the closures that consumers love.