Bioenergy Deployment Consortium sponsors symposium Oct. 18-19 in Columbus, Ohio, that will focus on advances in biofuels, biochemicals, and combined heat and power
September 27, 2011
– BDC is sponsoring a symposium Oct. 18 and 19 in Columbus, Ohio, focusing on recent advances in biofuels, biochemicals, and combined heat and power. The symposium will include presentations from numerous companies who have implemented or are implementing advanced biofuels projects or combined heat and power projects. Tours of Butlyfuel and Velocys, two companies local to Columbus, Ohio will be provided, showcasing recent developments in advanced biofuels for the symposium attendees. Also participating in the symposium will be the USDA and USDOE to discuss latest initiatives and strategies for working with industry to move advanced biofuels, biochemicals, and combined heat and power forward in the USA.
BDC (www.bioenergydc.org) is a nationally recognized non-profit organization which builds private and public institutional readiness to participate in the U.S. bio-economy with focus on deployment of developed technologies.
For more information contact Bioenergy Deployment Consortium (BDC):
· The venue is the Airport Marriott in Columbus, Ohio and the hotel has a shuttle available to/from the airport.
· BDC has a special rate of $143.00 per night for the symposium and when you call for your reservations make sure you tell them you are with the BDC symposium group to get your discount and to be on the BDC tracking list so I will know you are registered.
· Registration deadline is October 2 for a guaranteed room at the reduced nightly rate of $143.
· No events are scheduled for the evening of October 17 so you will be on your own. The hotel has a nice restaurant and lounge for your convenience.
· We will hold the Symposium on October 18 with a breakfast buffet served and break snacks and beverages throughout the day of the symposium.
· The evening of October 18 we will have a social hour open bar followed by a sit down dinner.
· There will be a breakfast buffet again on the morning of October 19 followed by two tours.
· A bus will take us from the hotel to the tour venues and then return you to the hotel by around noon so return flights can be scheduled anytime after 2:00 pm.