Switzerland's e-commerce revenue up more than 50% in 2010 due to rising average online spending, says new report; 55% of country's Internet users bought something online
August 18, 2011
– Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Swiss B2C E-Commerce continues rapid growth
In its most recent "Switzerland B2C E-Commerce Report 2011" Hamburg-based market research firm yStats.com presents a detailed analysis of recent data on trends, revenue and market share figures, customers and competitors of the Swiss B2C E-Commerce market.
In 2010, the Swiss online market increased its overall revenue. As clearly shown in the yStats.com report, the main reason for this growth is the increased average online spending of Swiss consumers. In 2010, 55 % of all Swiss users accessed the internet for buying or ordering online. It is particularly noteworthy that 50 % of all users wanted to use e-banking services, while only 16 % played or downloaded computer games online.
Growing number of internet users and shoppers
B2C E-Commerce revenue generated in Switzerland grew by more than 50 % in 2010 compared to 2009. In 2010, half of all Swiss online shoppers planned to purchase books – followed by the categories plane tickets and clothing. According to the "Switzerland B2C E-Commerce Report 2011" by yStats.com, the number of internet users in Switzerland reached more than 5 million in 2010, equalling approximately 80 % of the total population. Correspondingly, almost 50 % of all Swiss purchased online – an impressive growth compared to 37% in 2008.
Group shopping sites gaining in popularity in Switzerland too
The yStats.com report provides interesting information about retailers dominating this market: generalist Amazon was the number one B2C E-Commerce business in Switzerland in June 2010 evaluated based on the number of unique visitors – followed by fashion retailer La Redoute, online media retail company Weltbild, consumer electronics online store Brack and online bookshop Exlibris. In the segment of group shopping sites in June 2011 DeinDeal had the most unique visitors in Switzerland, while Groupon and DailyDeal were ranked second and third, respectively.
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
yStats.com has been committed to research up-to-date, objective and demand-based data on markets and competitors for top managers from various industries since 2005. Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, the firm has a strong international focus and is specialized in secondary market research. In addition to offering reports on markets and competitors, yStats.com also carries out client-specific research. Clients include leading global enterprises from various industries including B2C E-Commerce, electronic payment systems, mail order and direct marketing, logistics, as well as banking and consulting.