Global renewable energy market to increase 49% from 2010-2015, reach value of US$479.9B as volume increases 26% to 4,203.6 billion kWh, report finds
June 8, 2011
– MarketResearch.com has announced the addition of the new report "Renewable Energy: Global Industry Guide" to their collection of Energy market reports.
"Renewable Energy: Global Industry Guide" is an essential resource for top-level data and analysis covering the Renewable Energy industry. It includes detailed data on market size and segmentation, textual analysis of the key trends and competitive landscape, and profiles of the leading companies. This incisive report provides expert analysis on a global, regional and country basis.
The renewable energy market consists of the consumption of electricity generated via Geothermal, Solar, Wind and Hydroelectric means, as well as through wood and waste combustion. Data are reported as net consumption as opposed to gross consumption. Net consumption excludes the energy consumed by the generating units. The volume of the market is calculated as the volume of electricity consumed (in billions of kilowatt hours, kWh), and the market value has been calculated according to average annual renewable electricity prices. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2010 annual average exchange rates.
* The global renewable energy market grew by 6.8% in 2010 to reach a value of $322.5 billion.
* In 2015, the global renewable energy market is forecast to have a value of $479.9 billion, an increase of 48.8% since 2010.
* The global renewable energy market grew by 3.7% in 2010 to reach a volume of 3,340.4 billion kWh.
* In 2015, the global renewable energy market is forecast to have a volume of 4,203.6 billion kWh, an increase of 25.8% since 2010.
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With over 300,000 research reports from more than 700 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends.