M&S plans to hire about 20,000 seasonal employees this Christmas to work at 712 stores in the U.K. and Ireland
October 15, 2010
– Marks & Spencer has launched a nationwide recruitment drive to take on approximately 20,000 extra employees across its UK and Republic of Ireland stores this Christmas.
Steve Rowe, Director of Retail at M&S, said: “The festive season is a really special time at M&S and last year we had over 29 million customers visit our stores in the week before Christmas. That’s why we’re looking for 20,000 more friendly, motivated and enthusiastic employees to help our customers find everything they need to celebrate Christmas this year.
“We offer an excellent benefits package, and all our new recruits take part in a two-day induction training session so that they are fully-equipped to ensure our customers receive the best possible service.”
M&S Seasonal Recruits Quick Facts
* 20,000 seasonal recruits needed to work across 712 M&S stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland
* 23% of M&S Retail Graduates started with M&S as seasonal recruits last year
* A minimum of 320,000 hours will be worked every week by M&S seasonal recruits
* 262 seasonal recruits will work at M&S’ Camberley store – the largest intake at one store
Applicants for customer assistant, M&S Café assistant or warehouse assistant roles can apply online at www.marksandspencer.com/careers. Applicants can also apply by calling 0845 300 3725 in the UK.
Applicants must be prepared to work a minimum of 16 hours a week, and may need to work in the evening, as well as weekends and Bank Holidays over the Christmas and New Year period.