Denmark's Faerch Plast and Superfos, South Africa's Nampak Bevcan, Brazil's Sadia and Finland's SCA Packaging nominated to the WorldStar President's Award 2009 for their packaging excellence
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka
December 1, 2009
– WorldStar 2009 attracted 237 entries from 35 countries around the world. Out of these, 129 were selected as WorldStar winners 2009 by the jury in their meeting in Mount Lavinia, a district of Colombo, Sri Lanka, on November 17, 2009. Five winners were also nominated for the “best-of-the best” President’s Award. The jury consisted of 14 country representatives from the World Packaging Organisation (WPO) and one representative from the International Packaging Press Organisation (IPPO).
Colombo (Sri Lanka), November 2009 - This year’s WorldStar jury meeting was held in connection with the WPO Board meeting and World Packaging Congress in Sri Lanka. The meeting was hosted by Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging.
The five nominees for the WorldStar President’s Award 2009 are:
- Færch Plast A/S, Denmark - Soup in the Air
- Nampak Bevcan, South Africa - Talking Shivering Promotional Can
- SADIA S.A, Brazil - Microwavable Packaging for Pizza
- SCA Packaging Finland, Finland - Campfire 2 Go
- Superfos a/s, Denmark - Paintainer
Three President’s Award will be presented - Gold, Silver and Bronze versions - and awarded at the Award Ceremony for the WorldStar winners in Beijing, China, in the first week of June 2010. At the same occasion the WorldStar Sustainability Award winners will be also announced.
The full list of winners is available at http://www.worldpackaging.org/worldstar-packaging-awards/default.asp . Pictures of the winners will be published in December on www.worldpackaging.org. For further information, please contact WPO WorldStar assistant Barbro Jandér, firstname.lastname@example.org or WPO General Secretary Carl Olsmats, email@example.com , phone: +46 8 676 70 00.