Finland-based packaging materials company Walki Group opens new sales office in Moscow in bid to gain stronger foothold in growing Russian, Commonwealth of Independent States markets
December 10, 2012
– Walki Group, a leading producer of technical laminates and protective packaging materials, has opened a new sales office in Moscow, Russia, in a bid to gain stronger foothold in fast-growing Russian and CIS markets.
The new office, which offers customers the whole range of Walki’s products, opened its doors officially in November.
- Opening a local sales office in Russia was a decisive step for us in building an even closer partnership with our key customers in Russia and other CIS countries. It also shows our long-term commitment towards growth in the region, says Walki Group’s Chief Executive Officer Leif Frilund.
Local presence creates advantages
Walki’s high-quality products and solution-focused attitude and service are the company’s competitive edge in Russia and other CIS countries, and the Groups’ local presence offers an excellent platform for bringing new products to the market.
- Opening of a new sales office in Russia was a natural step for us especially as the Group already opened a new manufacturing facility in the town of Svetogorsk, last May, says Sales and Marketing Manager Artur Hytti, who is responsible for Russia and CIS countries.
- We see strong growth in the region especially for our packaging materials and insulation facings. In addition to now having a local sales force in Russia, it’s very important for us to be able to also utilise our production unit and warehouse in Svetogorsk to generate added value to our customers.
- A local sales office also makes it much easier for our customers to deal with us because they can now avoid all the hassles related to import duties and other taxes and fees required to import our goods into the region, Walki’s CEO Leif Frilund notes.
About Walki Group
Walki Group specialises in the production of fibre based, intelligent, multilaminate products for markets ranging from energy saving insulation facings and construction membranes to barrier packaging solutions. The Group has plants in Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the UK, Russia and China with a workforce of about 1,000 people. Annual net sales for the Group are over 300 million Euros.