Seventy percent of consumer opinions posted about fast-food chains on social media were positive over last 12 months, report says
January 11, 2012
– Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/197a82/public_opinion_on) has announced the addition of the "Public Opinion on Fast Food Chains on Social Media" report to their offering.
Need hard data on what consumers say about fast food on social media? Find it in Amplicate's new report 'Public Opinion on Fast Food Chains on Social Media' that tells you what consumers have been saying about fast food on social media in the last 12 months, when and where they're posting their opinions and why.
The report is full of charts, detailed data descriptions and straightforward analysis of the most interesting data points and is packed with hard data that is easy to understand and easy to act on.
Key Topics Covered:
* Social media users' opinions about fast food chains in US
* Why do social media users hate or love fast food chains?
* Profile of Social Media Commentators
* Rankings and Results
Essential Data from the Report:
* Social media users posted 258,270 opinions on fast food chains in the last 12 months, which they shared 137,763,386 times.
* 70% of opinions posted on fast food chains on social media were positive in the last 12 months.
* Subway was the most loved fast food chain on social media in the last 12 months, with 81% of opinions positive.
* Baja Fresh
* Burger King
* Dairy Queen
* In N Out Burger
* Jack in the Box
* Jimmy John's
* Long John Silver's
* Panda Express
* Pizza Hut
* Taco Bell
* Taco John's
* What A Burger
* White Castle
REASONS TO BUY
This report provides you with a wealth of other data that is essential for anyone involved in the marketing or analysis of major players in the fast food industry in the US.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/197a82/public_opinion_on