EDF Energies Nouvelles' Enxco signs long-term O&M agreement for Gestamp Wind's 50-MW Roth Rock wind farm in Garrett County, Maryland

Rachel Carter

Rachel Carter

Aug 4, 2011 – Enxco

SAN DIEGO , August 4, 2011 (press release) – EnXco Service Corporation (eSC), an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company (PARIS: EEN), has signed a long term Operations and Maintenance Agreement with Roth Rock Wind, LLC for the 50 megawatt wind power project located in Garrett County, Maryland.

The Roth Rock Wind Farm, owned by Gestamp Wind North America, consists of 20 Nordex Wind N90 turbines, each with a rated capacity of 2.5 MW. Of the 130 GWh annual production, 80% will be delivered to Delmarva Power, with the remaining 20% to the State of Maryland, and the University of Maryland.

Construction of the project commenced in Fall 2010, with commercial operations starting in August. enXco Service Corporation provided commissioning assistance during construction, and will provide on-site O&M for the balance of plant during the turbine warranty period, and subsequently for the entire project. In addition to operation and maintenance services provided at the site, 24/7 remote monitoring of the wind turbines will be provided from enXco Service Corp's Operations Control Center.

"enXco Service Corporation is pleased to have been selected by Gestamp to provide O&M for the Roth Rock Wind Farm," said Keith Smith, Manager of Business Development. "Roth Rock Wind represents our first Mid-Atlantic project adding to our rapidly growing operations & maintenance portfolio. We are pleased to provide our experience and expertise to both of Gestamp's operating projects in the U.S. (Roth Rock and Flat Water) totalling 110 megawatts."

"Gestamp is looking forward to working with enXco Service Corporation again for our latest operating asset," said David Jones, Chief Technical Officer. "This is our second of what we hope to be many more projects in North America."

enXco Service Corporation is an industry leader providing O&M services to more than 5,000 turbines nationwide generating more than 4,800 MW of wind energy. With over 300 full-time Wind Technicians employed, eSC has the resources and experience to optimize project availability and maximize revenues.

About enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company:
enXco (www.enxco.com) - an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company (www.edf-energies-nouvelles.com) develops, constructs, owns, operates and manages renewable energy projects throughout the United States. For more than two decades, we have been a leader in wind-energy focusing on large-scale wind projects. Today enXco's portfolio includes solar and biomass technologies, in an effort to help drive our nation's transition to a sustainable energy economy. enXco is a significant owner and developer of wind-energy installations in the United States, and is the leading third-party operations & maintenance provider for wind farms in North America.

About Gestamp Wind North America:
Gestamp Wind is the wind energy division of Gestamp Renewables, specialized in the development, construction and operation of wind farms with projects in Europe, Brazil, EEUU, Turkey and South Africa. Gestamp Wind is one of the leading companies in the wind energy business. Gestamp Wind integrates vertically, the development, construction and operation of wind farms. The company has over 460 MW in operation, 90 in construction and an important pipeline in the different locations where the company is currently active. Gestamp Wind North America Currently has 110 MW operating in the United States and 1000 MW under development.

* All content is copyrighted by Industry Intelligence, or the original respective author or source. You may not recirculate, redistrubte or publish the analysis and presentation included in the service without Industry Intelligence's prior written consent. Please review our terms of use.


About Us

We deliver market news & information relevant to your business.

We monitor all your market drivers.

We aggregate, curate, filter and map your specific needs.

We deliver the right information to the right person at the right time.

Our Contacts

1990 S Bundy Dr. Suite #380,
Los Angeles, CA 90025 795

+1 (310) 558 0008
+1 (310) 558 0080 (FAX)

About Cookies On This Site

We collect data, including through use of cookies and similar technology ("cookies") that enchance the online experience. By clicking "I agree", you agree to our cookies, agree to bound by our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our Privacy Policy. For more information on our data practices and how to exercise your privacy rights, please see our Privacy Policy.