Chemtura to launch new contract, toll manufacturing service at Chemspec Europe in Geneva, June 15-16
June 15, 2011
– Chemtura Corporation (NYSE: CHMT) is announcing the launch of its new contract and toll manufacturing service at Chemspec Europe, to be held in Geneva, Switzerland, June 15-16, 2011.
"Chemtura has been manufacturing specialty chemicals for more than 57 years and knows that when looking for a production partner, you need a company you can trust to deliver the quality and the service you expect," stated Peter Smith, general manager, Chemtura Antioxidants & UV Stabilizer Solutions business.
Chemtura's experience allows customers to benefit from pilot to full-scale production, and a variety of process technologies that offer excellence in the manufacture of different product forms including powders, granules, pellets and liquids. Dispersion and emulsion technology is also available, as is the support of highly qualified staff to develop formulations according to customer's individual needs. All Chemtura manufacturing locations are certified to at least ISO 9001.
With approximately 4,300 employees around the world, Chemtura provides products and services in more than 100 countries and maintains worldwide manufacturing, technical, laboratory and research facilities. This organization brings Chemtura close to its customers in all regions, allowing it to offer better service with easy production transfer, distribution support and shorter lead times.
Chemtura's new contract and toll manufacturing service supports production partners by offering the flexibility to:
* increase capacity to meet growing market demand,
* commercialize new products more quickly and cost effectively,
* engage dedicated resources, focused on meeting timelines, and
* lower their risks and avoid unnecessary capital investment.
The core contract and toll manufacturing technologies offered by Chemtura include:
• acid catalyzed alkylation of phenols and cresols,
• N-alkylation of amines,
• reductive alkylation of amines,
• catalytic hydrogenation,
• chloromethylation of aromates (BCME handling) and follow-up reactions with e.g. nucleophiles,
• thionyl chloride, sulfuryl chloride, phosphorous chloride and phosphorous oxychloride chemistries,
• base catalyzed trans-esterification,
• aqueous and solvent polymerization,
• manufacture of dispersions and emulsions, and
• powder and liquid blending.
Visitors to Chemtura's stand at Chemspec, Hall 1 CS24, will be able to find out more about the new contract and toll manufacturing service and how Chemtura can offer the experience and expertise production partners rely on.
Chemtura Corporation, with 2010 sales of $2.8 billion, is a global manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, agrochemicals and pool, spa and home care products. Additional information concerning Chemtura is available at www.chemtura.com.
© 2021 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.