“Sustainability is an integral part of our business strategy, called the Recipe For Growth, to ensure we are growing responsibly and purposefully,” says
Highlights of the 2022 Sustainability Report include:
- Committing to purchase nearly 800 electric tractors to support the company’s goal of electrifying 35% of its
U.S.fleet by 2030,
- Donating nearly 16 million meals globally,
- Advancing the company’s commitment to 100% renewable electricity by installing a new solar array at its Harlow site in the
UKand announcing new solar farm projects in Sysco Canada,
- Awarding ranchers
$2.5 millionin grants through the Southern Plains Grassland Program to invest in sustainable grazing practices and wildlife habitats, and
- Strengthening commitment to sustainability and DEI by tying executive compensation to key metrics.
“The new DEI Report takes a deeper look into our strategic approach to DEI and commitment to caring for people,” said
In Fiscal Year 2022, Sysco:
- Achieved 62% ethnic and gender diversity in its
U.S.workforce ahead of the company’s 2025 goal, and
- Increased spend with certified diverse suppliers by nearly 8%.
The company has established a cross-functional task force to develop new workforce representation goals due to the recent achievement of the current 2025 workforce goal.
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves approximately 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal year 2022 that ended
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SyscoFoods. For important news and information regarding Sysco, visit the Investor Relations section of the company’s Internet home page at investors.sysco.com, which Sysco plans to use as a primary channel for publishing key information to its investors, some of which may contain material and previously non-public information. In addition, investors should continue to review our news releases and filings with the
For more information contact: