Per-capita food consumption in Malaysia up 4.1% in 2011 amid ongoing development of food retailing sector, maturation of nation's youth population, new report says; soft drink value, alcohol value sales up 13.7% and 5.1%, respectively
December 21, 2011
– Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Malaysia Food and Drink Report Q1 2012" report to their offering.
Business Monitor International's Malaysia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on Malaysia's food and drink industry.
Evidence of a stalling economic recovery in the US and eurozone suggests that the slowdown in external demand could be more severe than previously expected. However, while export growth is expected to be relatively subdued in the near term, BMI remains optimistic that domestic demand will remain resilient on the back of a robust labour market and moderating inflationary pressures. Over the longer term, an ongoing development of the food retailing sector and the maturation of Malaysia's youth population translate into exciting opportunities across the food, drink and mass grocery retail universe. This potential will remain firmly in the sights of multinational consumer goods players, such as Japanese brewer Asahi and US soft drinks giant The Coca Cola Company.
Headline Industry Data
* 2011 per capita food consumption = +4.1%; CAGR forecast to 2016 = +1.3%
* 2011 soft drinks value sales = +13.7%; CAGR forecast to 2016 = +4.8%
* 2011 alcoholic drinks value sales = +5.1%; CAGR forecast to 2016 = +4.3%
* 2011 mass grocery retail sales = +10.2%; CAGR forecast to 2016 = +7.0%
Key Topics Covered:
* SWOT Analysis
* Business Environment
* Industry Forecast Scenario
* Consumer Outlook
* Mass Grocery Retail
* Key Industry Trends And Developments
* Attracting The Sights Of Foreign Players
* Private Equity Players Taking A Stronger Interest In Malaysia
* Building Upon Superiority In Halal Food
* Market Overview
* Food Production
* Competitive Landscape
* Key Players
* Dutch Lady
* Yeo Hiap Seng (Malaysia)
* F&N Berhad
* Dairy Farm
* Tesco Malaysia
* AEON Malaysia
© 2017 Business Wire, Inc., All rights reserved.