What US Regulators, Lawmakers Are Proposing To Keep Food Supply Safe
LOS ANGELES, April 23, 2014
(Off The Menu)
– One of the biggest issues facing the U.S. food and beverage industry today is food safety. American regulators and lawmakers are proposing various ways to keep the food supply safe and have the packaging industry, food and beverage industry, and federal government work together toward this goal.
This will be the subject of one of the sessions being held during the Best Of Food And Beverage Packaging Conference on April 29-May 1 at the Marquette Hotel in Minneapolis.
Entitled “Food Safety And The Future Of Packaging,” the May 1 session will be moderated by Alan Blake, executive director at PAC NEXT, and include the following panelists:
• Andrew Stooksbury, global regulator manager at H.B. Fuller;
• Sanjeey Gandhi, technical director at SGS NA; and
• Chris Pirotte, senior director of client services at creative works
For more information about the Best Of Food And Beverage Packaging Conference, click here.
Nevin Barich is the Food and Beverage Analyst for Industry Intelligence. Email him here or follow him on Twitter here.
Related News: this box contains exclusive content that is accessible only to Industry Intelligence subscribers. Click a link to learn more.
- Aptar Food + Beverage to showcase dispensing technologies at Pack Expo in Chicago, Nov. 6-9; company's solutions help make food and beverages easier to access and inspire new usage occasions, says sales director
- DS Smith to offer virtual discovery tour at upcoming FachPack show in Nuremberg, Germany; tour will showcase a range of possibilities that virtual reality offers for brand presentation and promotion at the point of sale
- CCL Label holds training day in King's Lynn, England, offering customers an educational introduction to shrink sleeves and what is involved in their manufacture; event to run at regular intervals every year, with next one occurring Nov. 9
- Environmental Packaging International president to present a complimentary webinar hosted by Intertek on July 13 that presents a guide through today's corporate extended producer responsibilities reporting requirements
- Sabert announces Packaging University pilot program consisting of two-day events at its corporate R&D center in New Jersey, with events planned for 2016 and beyond; objective is to help customers make informed decisions on optimal food packaging solutions