CPG Brands Need To Adapt To Changing Demographics By Keeping Taste And Packaging Fresh And Relevant To U.S. Consumers
LOS ANGELES, April 9, 2014
(Off The Menu)
– A major demographic shift is underway in the U.S. On one end, the population is getting older. On the other end, ethnic diversity is expanding. As such, consumer packaged goods brands need to adapt to these changing demographics by keeping taste and packaging fresh and relevant to U.S. consumers.
That will be the subject of one of the many sessions being held at the Best Of Food & Beverage Packaging Conference on April 29-May 1 at the Marquette Hotel in Minneapolis.
This session entitled, “Creating successful new packaging and products in a changing landscape,” will be moderated by Michael Rubenstein, Vice President of Enterprise Sales at Industry Intelligence, and take place at 4 p.m. on April 30, The speakers at this session will be:
• Kim Essex: Senior Vice President and Director of North American Food Practice at Ketchum.
• Karina Espinel: Director of Packaging North America at Mondelez International, who will head a panel of food makers talking about the challenges of marketing to millennials and creating healthy new products.
• Kimberly Crupi Dobbins, Founder and Chief Square at Simple Squares, who will discuss the challenges of expressing attributes and benefits through the packaging of a brand new organic raw snack.
•Brad Hanna, Senior Vice President at Barkley US, who will discuss the results of one of the largest research studies ever conducted that looked at millennials’ attitudes and behaviors, including shopping patterns.
To read more about the conference: click here
Nevin Barich is the Food and Beverage Analyst for Industry Intelligence. Email him here or follow him on Twitter here.
Related News: this box contains exclusive content that is accessible only to Industry Intelligence subscribers. Click a link to learn more.
- Buckhorn to sponsor Reusable Packaging Learning Center panel discussion and company presentation at upcoming Pack Expo show in Chicago; panel to discuss bulk and liquid shipping and storage, presentation to focus on Buckhorn's intermediate bulk containers
- Aptar Food + Beverage to showcase dispensing technologies at Pack Expo in Chicago, Nov. 6-9; company's solutions help make food and beverages easier to access and inspire new usage occasions, says sales director
- DS Smith to offer virtual discovery tour at upcoming FachPack show in Nuremberg, Germany; tour will showcase a range of possibilities that virtual reality offers for brand presentation and promotion at the point of sale
- CCL Label holds training day in King's Lynn, England, offering customers an educational introduction to shrink sleeves and what is involved in their manufacture; event to run at regular intervals every year, with next one occurring Nov. 9
- Environmental Packaging International president to present a complimentary webinar hosted by Intertek on July 13 that presents a guide through today's corporate extended producer responsibilities reporting requirements