Upcoming Webinar To Focus On Complex Landscape Of Today's Food Supply
LOS ANGELES, January 22, 2014
(Off The Menu)
– Food safety continues to be a major issue in the U.S. According to data from the Foodborne Disease Active Surveillance Network, the rate of E. coli infection was actually higher in 2012 than in 2010. And while salmonella infection rates fell slightly in the same time period, the 2012 rate was higher than that of 2009. These results indicate that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is not on pace to reach its benchmarks of reducing salmonella by 14.5% and E. coli by 29% by 2015.
An upcoming webinar from Industry Intelligence on Jan. 29 will focus on how the complex landscape of today's food supply illustrates the need for specific food safety standards throughout the entire supply chain. This webinar will provide packaging decision-makers with insight on global food safety standards.
A panel of four executives will share their knowledge of the food supply chain and global food safety standards, discussing:
• Food processor food safety expectations;
• The role and importance of GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) and International Featured Standards;
• Insights on the IFS PACsecure, the world’s foremost packaging standard for primary and secondary packaging to the food industry, and:
• Case studies from Silgan’s packaging standard selection process and expectations.
ConAgra Foods, PAC, IFS Management, Silgan Plastics will be the companies represented by the panelists.
Nevin Barich is the Food & Beverage Analyst for Industry Intelligence Inc. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter at Twitter.com/TheNevdogg
Industry Intelligence will be hosting an exclusive and free i2live webinar entitled: "Importance of global food safety standards through the supply chain." on Jan. 29 at 11 a.m. PT/ 2 p.m. ET. Registration here
Related News: this box contains exclusive content that is accessible only to Industry Intelligence subscribers. Click a link to learn more.
- Six companies from Agrokor--Agrolaguna, Belje, Jamnica, Ledo, PIK Vrbovec and Zvijezda--present during SIAL Paris food exhibition Oct. 16-20
- Agropur to host the Alpha Summit whey protein event in Shanghai on Oct. 18; second session to take place in Singapore on Oct. 20
- S&D Coffee & Tea to present at the Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators Conference in Dallas Oct. 23-25
- Snyder's-Lance announces appointment of Alexander Pease as EVP and CFO, effective Nov. 1; Pease to replace Rick Puckett, who previously announced that he was retiring
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products to participate in the Barclays 2016 Consumer Staples Conference on Sept. 8