Hispanics A Major U.S. Demographic Group For CPG Companies
LOS ANGELES, December 4, 2013
(Off The Menu)
– For U.S. consumer packaged goods companies, Hispanics are a major demographic group. According to consumer research firm Packaged Facts, the Hispanic food and beverage market has totaled $8 billion in the past year, and the number could reach $11 billion by 2017.
Additionally, according to media delivery company Valassis, U.S. Hispanics are 29% more likely than the general population to use a coupon from a social site, twice as likely to share or trade coupons through social media websites, and more likely to use both digital and print coupons.
On Dec. 11, Industry Intelligence will host a webinar with Leylha Ahuile, president of PromoLatino, a culturally minded marketing communications agency for the entertainment industry with expertise in reaching the Hispanic audience effectively. In this presentation, Ahuile will discuss the outlook on Hispanic consumers in the U.S., including the new role of the Hispanic woman and her engagement with brands.
According to PromoLatino, Hispanics are the nation’s largest minority group, making up more than 53.3 million, or about 17% of the population in 2012. The Hispanic population in the U.S. will grow by almost 30% from 2008 to 2018, with much of that growth coming from births rather than from immigration, in contrast to previous years.
Additionally, according to PromoLatino, this population growth will lead to a significant increase in purchasing power, projected to reach nearly $1.7 trillion by 2017, up from nearly $1.2 trillion in 2012.
Nevin Barich is the Food and Beverage Analyst for Industry Intelligence. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Intelligence will be hosting an exclusive and free i2live webinar entitled: "An outlook on Hispanic consumers in the U.S." on Dec. 11 at 11 a.m. PT/ 2 p.m. ET. Registration here
Related News: this box contains exclusive content that is accessible only to Industry Intelligence subscribers. Click a link to learn more.
- Six companies from Agrokor--Agrolaguna, Belje, Jamnica, Ledo, PIK Vrbovec and Zvijezda--present during SIAL Paris food exhibition Oct. 16-20
- Agropur to host the Alpha Summit whey protein event in Shanghai on Oct. 18; second session to take place in Singapore on Oct. 20
- S&D Coffee & Tea to present at the Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators Conference in Dallas Oct. 23-25
- Snyder's-Lance announces appointment of Alexander Pease as EVP and CFO, effective Nov. 1; Pease to replace Rick Puckett, who previously announced that he was retiring
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products to participate in the Barclays 2016 Consumer Staples Conference on Sept. 8