Millennials The Key Marketing Group For Consumer Packaged Goods Companies
LOS ANGELES, November 26, 2013
(Off The Menu)
– For consumer packaged goods companies, millennials are not just a key marketing group but also the key marketing group. Millennials—those considered ages 28 and younger—are the next major group of consumers that need to be targeted by CPGs, both for their current and future spending power and their sheer numbers.
Brad Hanna, Senior Vice President and Group Practice Leader at Barkley, an integrated marketing and advertising agency, will present ways to engage with millennials and their families by providing millennials’ view on CPG brands and packaging firms during an i2live webinar hosted by Industry Intelligence on Dec. 4.
According to Hanna, millennials represent about 25% of the population and are responsible for more than $200 billion in spending. Based on Barkley’s research, the largest ever conducted on millennials, Hanna’s presentation on Dec. 4 will focus on millennials’ attitudes and behaviors, use of technology, attitudes toward shopping for food, the role of name brands versus store brands, and views on packaging.
For CPGs, millennials are the next frontier. Their wants and needs, combined with their size and spending power, can shape CPG product offerings for years to come.
Nevin Barich is the Food and Beverage Analyst for Industry Intelligence. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Intelligence will be hosting an exclusive and free i2live webinar entitled: "Marketing to Millennials" on Dec. 4 at 11 a.m. PT/ 2 p.m. ET. Registration here
Related News: this box contains exclusive content that is accessible only to Industry Intelligence subscribers. Click a link to learn more.
- Agropur to host the Alpha Summit whey protein event in Shanghai on Oct. 18; second session to take place in Singapore on Oct. 20
- S&D Coffee & Tea to present at the Multi-Unit Foodservice Operators Conference in Dallas Oct. 23-25
- Snyder's-Lance announces appointment of Alexander Pease as EVP and CFO, effective Nov. 1; Pease to replace Rick Puckett, who previously announced that he was retiring
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products to participate in the Barclays 2016 Consumer Staples Conference on Sept. 8
- General Mills to present at the Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference in Boston on Sept. 7