Jack In The Box And Red Robin Make It Clear: Our Voices Are Being Heard
LOS ANGELES, January 9, 2013
(Off The Menu)
– Let it never be said that Jack In The Box Inc. and Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Inc. don’t listen to the people.
Recently, both restaurant chains made additions to their menu based entirely on what their customers were asking for. On Jan. 3, Red Robin announced that starting March 19, its 5 Alarm Burger would return to their menu after customers gave the burger the most votes in the company’s “Bring My Burger Back” promotion, where customers got to vote on which of the chain’s previous burgers would reappear on the menu.
Also on Jan. 3, Jack In The Box announced that it was bringing back its Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges, saying it was “thanks to an effective online campaign waged by fervent fans who took to Facebook, Twitter and other social media to lament the loss of their favorite side item.”
It’s a novel concept: Restaurant chains bringing back products based on what their customers are asking for.
Companies that listen to their customers.
Bold thinking, guys. Bold thinking.
Nevin Barich is the Food & Beverage Analyst for Industry Intelligence Inc. He hopes that one day, Carl’s Jr. customers make enough of a ruckus to bring back the hot dogs that the burger chain offered on the menu in the early 1990s. He can be reached at email@example.com
Related News: this box contains exclusive content that is accessible only to Industry Intelligence subscribers. Click a link to learn more.
- Starbucks announces two new features for its Mobile Order & Pay option: the ability to add your favorite orders, new for iOS, and the ability to add your favorite stores, new for Android
- Church's Chicken announces limited-time return of its Chicken Fried Steak Platter for US$3.99 beginning Oct. 31
- KFC announces US launch of new US$10 Chicken Share, a shareable bucket for two that can be filled with nine chicken tenders, six pieces of fried chicken, Popcorn Nuggets or 12 hot wings; new product available beginning Oct. 30
- White Castle announces that it now offers Monster Energy Drinks at all of its locations
- Dunkin' Donuts enables gifting and payment within Messages in iOS 10, says it's the first national coffee chain to do so